Saturday, July 31, 2010

Download This! Future Tense w/ CD Cover!



You know the drill. Download this before it gets taken down.

Quick Quips

- I interviewed Plumtree for my 'zine in 1995. Scott Pilgrim, the movie, comes out in 2 weeks, with the previews showing Michael Cera wearing a Plumtree shirt. When I covered them in 1995, Cera was 7, probably in 2nd grade. I'm sure the movie will be a hit, though.

- Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist, is one of my favourite movies of all time. I think I went into sugar-shock from it being so sweet.

- Headlights are a Polyvinyl-type band that I ignored for years. Just unearthed a track for your benefit.

- Phil Oakley's track, "Together In Electric Dreams," was part of the soundtrack to the 80's machine-comes-to-life-turns-bad movie Electric Dreams. If anybody has this movie on DVD, I BEG you to share. As well as last month's request for RAD, an awesome 80's BMX movie. Somebody come forward with these items. I'm trying to bolster my 80's movie collection.

- I've included some tracks for some living room dance-offs as well. The Jamiroquai track, followed by Felix Cartal's edit of Valerna, "Look Ma! No Pants!" These songs just get my heart pumping, readying me for a sauna-style sweat.

- Apparently, "Finn Bikkjen!," from Polyvinyl's Casio Kids, is Norwegian for, "Find Dogs!"

- The title is from the Lali Puna song. The cover is a picture of "Riot, Sector 9," as part of Laser Prison Art Installation, by Maximum Security. "If you can't do the laser time, don't do the laser crime." No shit.

- Enjoy. And click on the button to the right to BUY ME A COFFEE!

Future Tense

01 Plumtree – Scott Pilgrim
02 Big Boi ft. Cutty – Shutterbug
03 Dragonette – Take It Like A Man
04 Goldfrapp – Rocket (Grum remix)
05 Athlete – Hurricane
06 Hellogoodbye –When We First Met
07 Headlights – Cherry Tulips
08 Medicine – Slut
09 Annie – Don’t Stop
10 Rocket From the Crypt – Middle
11 Minutemen - #1 Hit Song
12 Tokyo Police Club – Juno
13 Phil Oakley w/ Giorgio Moroder – Together In Electric Dreams
14 Crystal Castles – Crimewave (Midnight Conspiracy remix)
15 Hot Chip – Over And Over
16 Jamiroquai – Canned Heat (Calvin Harris remix)
17 Valerna – Look Ma! No Pants! (Felix Cartal edit)
18 Tracey Thorn – Why Does the Wind? (Morgan Geist remix)
19 Casio Kids – Finn Bikkjen (lightsoverla remix)
20 Lali Puna – Future Tense



The CD cover is included with this. Just click on the zshare link, and enjoy.

2 comments:

B. Recacho said...

Nice design! Nick and Norah is one of my favorites too: great chemistry, memorable characters, quotable quotes, and a fabulous soundtrack. I saw it on the big screen and have watched it again and again: with each viewing I like it even better.

victorymanual said...

I'm not an artist. I just have internet access!