Monday, July 19, 2010

A Birthday Treat For Skitch!



Actually, this is more of a treat for me. I have a better photo of them on my fridge door!

STRYPER!

I guess the name backronym-ed into Salvation Through Redemption, Yielding Peace, Encouragement and Righteousness.

Stryper claimed to be a Christian Heavy Metal act when they first emerged. The funny part was, neither the Metallists nor the Christians didn't know what to make of them, and their yellow-and-black outfits. They further alienated everybody else in 1990, when they released Against The Law, shedding their Christian intentions in their music. The album was pretty lame, so that turned everybody off, as well.

I feel that they peaked during their 1988 album, In God We Trust, which included this awesome tune:



Listen to the guitar harmonies in the solo. Just amazing.

Happy Belated Birthday, Skitch!

No comments: