Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Quickly . . .
- That's that for me for this year's edition of country hardball. The better team got knocked out before they could even make it to the big dance. It was an inopportune time for the Phillies' bats to get cold.
Word on the grapevine is that Leroy was playing with a hernia. Talk about pitching your guts out! Next year, Doc!
Anyway, the baseball season is over. I couldn't care less about a West Coast Series.
- We are almost finished our time here up north, and I will be back to reality shortly. Before I go, look out for my post on some of Sudbury's greasiest spoons and some common sense tips on how not to be a fat fuck. You can start by not visiting this place:
- "Shitty Blue Jay," is still happening. Just trying to gather up some Carlos Delgado stories. So if you have any dirt on this guy regarding a sextape, farm animals, a foray into gay, snorting cocaine off a hooker's ass (sorry Mr. Gruber), or any other thing that may sound exciting, please email me. Dish the dirt.
- Eastbound And Down, Season Dos is fucking awesome and is in my psyche right now. Kenny Powers is the most awesome anti-hero that I could ever witness. Check him out making his Mexican baseball debut:
Another grapevine rumour: Kenny Powers will be back for a Season Tres!
- Be sure to check out my next mix. It's catchy as hell. No, not really. I just pull stuff together by purging out what I've been hoarding in my hard drive that isn't porn. There's not much of that. My laptop is 95% porn, 2.5% music, and 2.5% of my saved MSN chats from when I was online dating.
- Check out my friend Berlinda's blog. Her last post was about seeing Greg Dulli from The Afghan Whigs. I'm so filled with jealousy that I could send her some Haterade! Over here:
Greetings To the New Brunette
I'll keep you posted on the rest. Maybe.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Totally in love with this right now. Sounds like lounge singing in the key of melancholy.
Download "Bermuda," here:
Check out their new album, The Heart Of the Nightlife, here:
I saw this video years back, and decided that I wanted a moped.
I couldn't afford the real-deal Vespa scoot-scoots, so I found a much cheaper facsimile. Much cheaper.
Meet the Honda Supercub. Mine was born in 1967. I got it from some kid, who beat the shit out of it thoroughly, for $100.
I enjoy the fact that it was listed as #1 on Discovery Channel's 'Greatest Ever Motorcycles,' putting the Cub through all kinds of torture. They even drove it off a building! Watch it here:
It's been sitting in my basement now for a few years, gathering mould and dust while I gathered up parts, a plan, and a clue. I'm still deliberating in my head, while still trying to complete this project on the cheap.
If any of you dear readers have any connects, or a read on some old parts, contact me. It's much appreciated.
Here is the goal below:
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Here we go, better late than never.
Watching Doc Halladay pitch playoff baseball in front of 50,000 people is like watching an ex-girlfriend squirt a storm from another dude.
It fucking hurts, but we can't look away without our dicks in our hands.
The thing is, we over here in BJ land, already knew the magic that Leroy can produce. For everybody else in Baseball America, you now are all experiencing what we enjoyed for almost 10 years.
I enjoy a tidily pitched ballgame by Doc. There were many a time where I'd catch a game where Halladay was supposed to start at 7:05, and already had movie tickets for 10, and made it for both, with no hassle. It was as if Doc had tickets to the SAME movie and we were going to meet up . . .
I love the fact that Leroy gets to pitch in front of 50,000 instead of 5,000 (even though most of us were part of that crowd). And on behalf of the rest of us Jays fans, we are happy to see him pitch in the playoffs.
But Doc, did you REALLY have to pitch that no-hitter on your FIRST playoff game?!
Take Me Somewhere Nice
01 Al Corley - Square Rooms
02 Grum - Through the Night
03 Ke - Strange World
04 Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice
05 Supergrass - She's So Loose
06 Anberlin - Impossible
07 Perez Prado - Que Rico El Mambo
08 Kisses - Kisses
09 Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring
10 Foamo - Generate Some Heat
11 Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand
12 M.I.A. - Steppin' Up (Religion remix)
13 Yelle - La Musique (Lorenz Rhode remix)
14 Marina And the Diamonds - Oh No (Grum remix)
15 Kanye West - Runaway
16 Men At Work - People Just Love To Play With Words
17 Chromeo - The Right Type
- This is my disclaimer that this mix is synth-heavy. Still good, though. Just open your mind.
- That Duck Sauce track will be in every basement dance club for a long time. Catchy. As. Hell.
- Most of these tracks I've used before in previous mixes. I like to recycle.
- I tried my hardest to find some Perez Prado on vinyl while I was honeymooning in Cuba. It's frustrating when nobody has it, heard of it, and tries to sell you some Buena Vista Social Club. I like my talent dead, people! DEAD!
- Watched The Motorcycle Diaries again. Still beautiful. I included a Perez Prado track from the movie. Enjoy.
- I'm totally in love with that LA band Kisses. It's synth-y melancholy. The way the reverb of Jesse's voice bounces around the room, affirms that THIS is a different melancholy. I hope that you love it as much as I do.
- That Anberlin single is quite misleading. "Impossible," is totally strong, but the rest of Dark Is the Way, Light Is A Place, is like watching a dick go limp.
- Ke was this weirdo that I saw a video of a long time ago. Just some funny-looking dude in leather pants with an unusually high range, being overly dramatic. Great song, though. Look him up. While you're at it, look this up (waving middle finger.)!
- The title of the mix as well as this blog is from the Mogwai song.
Download the mix here:
Click on the button above to BUY ME A COFFEE!