Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Last night's slugfest came as a fitting end to the Jays' season, mashing a league best 247 HR. Let's not get sad, like I usually do when the last traces of summer give way to change. Let's recap some of the positives from this year:
Ricky Romero is a bonafide stud. Although he posted a 13-9 win-loss record this year, you can see with every start when his stuff and control eluded him, RR Cool Jay (@taoofstieb came up with the name) found that battling instinct that only the rare possess, and still made it deep into games. Romero posted 202 1/3 IP. Remind you of somebody? Maybe somebody we knew before?
Snider IS the fucking future! Cito held him back a shit ton for the past two years, and Sniderman (@drunkjaysfans get the credit) WILL get that chip off his shoulder in the years to follow. He even swatted a homer on Cito's farewell night wearing a fake Cito moustache! You gotta love that kid!
JoBau WILL be back next year! He likes Toronto. The steroids are good here.
V-Dub will also be back next year. He had a decent season, but was behind JoBau's shadow.
Yunel Escobar will be patrolling at short next year. As talented as he is lazy, I can't wait to see what he does in the future.
And don't worry, Brian Tallet will still be around to be our whipping boy as, 'Shitty Jay Of Every Game.' @drunkjaysfans recommended a stint on the DL due to, 'arm shittiness.' Plausible.
If you still need a baseball fix, go and root for this guy.
Halladay is one of our own. He just exudes class and excellence. He is our own modern-day Christy Mathewson. Enjoy the likes of him while you can. I'm rooting for Doc to win the Cy. I even tweeted to that retard @punkondeck that he would. But really, fuck that assblood!
If you can't root for the Doc, root for these:
Remember that "Shitty Blue Jay Of the Week," is still on. I've taken a break, because of all the sex I've been having from my honeymoon, but I'll be back with a vengeance. Next up is Carlos Delgado! Send some hate-mail and erotic stories my way . . .
If you're still facing some heartache, follow these awesome bloggers:
And don't worry, pitchers and catchers report for duty in 4 months! Keep yourself occupied until then!
And if that isn't enough, check out this motherfucker:
If you don't get HBO, email me and I'll forward you a link to some of the episodes!
Click up on that corner, and BUY ME A COFFEE!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Going to Cuba for my Honeymoon. So let's do this quickly.
01 Rainer Maria - Atlantic
02 The Reason - Where Do We Go From Here?
03 Ra Ra Riot - Boy
04 Perez Prado ft. Rosemary Clooney - Sway
05 M.I.A. - XXXO
06 Controller Controller - Poison/Safe
07 Devo - Mongoloid
08 Crystal Castles - Empathy
09 Hercules And Love Affair - Iris
10 Au Revoir Simone - Only You Can Make You Happy (Punches remix)
11 Robot Love - Give It To Stupid
12 Kaskade ft. Dragonette - Fire In Your New Shoes
13 Boys Noize - Yeah
14 Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (Kaskade Club Mix)
15 Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (GRUM remix)
16 Beachwood Sparks - By Your Side
17 Tears For Fears - Secret World
18 John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman - You Are Too Beautiful
Notes and Scrotes:
- The Beachwood Sparks cover of Sade was from the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack. It's just dreamy and like a warm blanket over me. The original version is best, with Sade hitting everything flawlessly.
- I was on a Perez Prado kick for the longest time, and just wanted to revisit the genius. I'm going to be in Cuba anyway, so . . .
- I had to put that Katy Perry song in there. For one, the original version is awesome. Second, Kaskade putting his touches on her song just bangs the hell out of me. Check it out!
- I don't know where I found that Robot Love track, but holy shit, does it ever mess up my mullet! Find it, buy it, download it, do what you gotta do! It's fab!
- Can't wait for the new Hercules and Love Affair album. Something about a Nina Simone sound-alike singing to a dancey beat just moves me in such a good way.
Download it here:
Sending you lots of love from the wettest place on earth!