Monday, March 22, 2010

Greetings From The Laughing Buddha!



The Buddha on Elgin Street is one of Sudbury’s best kept secrets.

Let’s describe the place in bullet form:

- Cozy, one of a kind atmosphere
- artist-friendly (it exhibits pieces for the Art Gallery of Sudbury)
- vegetarian and vegan-friendly menu. My favourite is the Sticky Mouth sandwich (peanut butter, banana, honey, cashews, cranberries, served with a curried chickpea salad), which is fucking amazing!
- great music blasting in the background all the time(surprising, considering my preconceived notion of Sudbury being a one pig town and all)
- great place for all the artsy-fartsy type crowd. I’m more on the fartsy side. ZING!
- Good chance of running into some of the laughing factory population. Real good. Same for prostitutes.
- Free wi-fi

I just love the feel of this place. It seems that everybody in there is cool, and I feel that I could stay there indefinitely. The art installations are always changing and always good. And I’ve never had a bad bite of food there.

So if you are ever at this end of the Nickel Belt, be sure to come by and check it out!



http://www.laughingbuddhasudbury.com/

No comments: